March is Reading Month at The Village!
Reading Stars - Our school goal is 1000 stars
Guest Reader Week, March 18-22, 2013
Family Literacy Night, March 14, 5:30-7:00 pm
FUN, FUN, FUN!
The Village for Early Childhood Education is proud to offer:
- Individualized teaching approach for active learning
- Teaching Stategies GOLD assessment system is used to measure child learning and development and guide planning to meet individual needs.
- Developmentally appropriate curricula addresses learning objectives in all areas of child development and learning with an emphasis in the areas of social-emotional, literacy and math.
- Highly qualified staff/low teacher turnover
- Bilingual staff
- Low staff to student ratio of 1:8 with no more than 16 children per room
- Full-day and half-day preschool programs
- Diversity in each classroom
- Home visits by staff
- Back to School Night
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Special family events: Family Literacy Night, Math Night, Parenting Through Divorce, Mom's Night Out, Home Depot Father's Night, Nutrition and Cooking classes, Parent Connections, and the Incredible Years Parenting classes.
- Free preschool for families who qualify
- Programs include Head Start, Colorado Preschool Program, Early Childhood Special Education and tuition based options.
- District Child Find team is on-site. Free developmental screenings for newborns and children up to 5 years of age.
- 2 playgrounds
- Healthy and nutritious meals
- Physical Education classes
- Summer programs